Tuesday 31 August 2021

What do you know about cicadas?

Hello! Yesterday for Reading we were learning how to apply knowledge! We learnt about this so we can apply the knowledge we learnt to other challenges outside of school.

For what we are doing for this task, we were given different choices of which animal/insect to research about. There were different reading levels for this task. Level 2B, Level 2, and Level 3. For level 2B, the topic was about birds, for level 2, the topic was orcas, and for level 3, which is the very last one, the topic was cicadas. I challenged myself to do the highest level which was level 3. Here's my slides!


I loved researching information about cicadas! I learnt tons about these insects throughout researching facts I could add into my slides. I'm looking forward to activities similar to this task in the future! What other information do you know about cicadas? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hannah,

    You wrote some interesting facts about cicadas. I had no idea that they lived for so long. A lot of insects only live for a short amount of days or weeks and cicadas can live for 4-17 years. That's amazing. What was the most interesting fact that you found?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Hickling!
    The most interesting fact I found was that there are over 3,000 species of cicadas. I found it very fascinating!

    Ma te wa,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.