Thursday 19 August 2021

My Japanese Art!

Hello! For Art we created a unique kind of artwork! This was made by using pastels and blending the colours all together. Our artwork was inspired by the Japanese flag, pagodas, and cherry blossoms. This activity was based in Japan, where the Olympics 2020 was hosted!

To make this artwork we watched a video guiding us step by step on how to make this artwork. The colours of pastels you will need are red, yellow, orange, and brown for the sunset, black for the cherry blossoms and the pagoda, and a large sheet of paper (thick enough for the pastel). You have to leave a blank circle in the center which represents the sun, colour outside of the circle, first yellow, second orange, third red, and lastly brown. The rest of the tutorial will be in the youtube link at the end.
I
 enjoyed doing this activity! It was really fun and I hope to be able to do something similar to this in the future! Have you done any Japanese-related art before? What was it? Let me know in the comments!
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfo8gvKk_8

5 comments:

  1. Morena Hannah,

    It was beautiful watching you take such care with your art as it transformed into the finished piece. Your quality blog post tells me that you understand why we included the different aspects. Ka pai.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Hickling! Thank you for commenting on my blog and art, I appreciate it! I really put a lot of thought into this blogpost!

      Ma te wa,
      Hannah

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome. Keep up the great mahi and quality blog posts Hannah.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Hannah
    This Japanese art work is absolutely beautiful! Maybe we could do this art work during library lunchtime and teach other students to do this amazing art work. I love how you have added a youtube link, very helpful. I have not done any Japanese art work before, so I would love to give this a go. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful work on your blog. It's great to see you are doing some amazing lockdown learning. I look forward to visiting your blog again soon.
    Nga mihi nui
    Nichole Tamatea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Tamatea, thank you for the compliment I appreciate it! And yes, I would love to do this artwork during libraby lunchtimes to teach others!

      Ma te wa,
      Hannah

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.