Monday 10 May 2021

My ANZAC 1916 WW1 Postcard!

Good Morning/Afternoon! On Week 1 of this new term we created a postcard or a diary entry from two boys named Len or Stan which we created for ANZAC Day, we had to write it in either's perspective. For those who don't know these people were soldiers who went into the First World War at a young age and had to lie about their real ages to get into the Western Front which was the centre of the war, I decided to give the story a little bit of a change and added my original ideas into it. I mixed little parts of both soldier's stories together and added new people in the story which is Len's older brother and sister.

We were provided links to online books about the war and what it was like, and an audio book to listen to about Len and Stan's story. Next we created and designed a diary entry or a postcard on Google Drawings where we write to our relatives back home which were Len or Stan's. I decided to search for an old empty piece of postcard paper from 1914 and written my postcard letter and added a fake address. Here's my creation!

1 comment:

  1. Morena Hannah, what a thoughtful and well written postcard. He must have felt very scared being at war so young. Ma te wa, Miss Hickling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.