Tuesday 11 May 2021

My Ordinary Bedroom

 Hello! Last week we created a piece of 'Descriptive Writing' about our bedroom, our goal was to paint a picture in the reader's mind, we described what our senses smelled, heard, saw, said, or tasted. The tricky part when it comes to writing something descriptive is that you need to describe what you tasted or smelled, but not physically. Though I feel like I've perfectly mastered how to add those kind of senses into my pieces of writing. Here's my piece:

My Ordinary Bedroom 



The best part about my room is the beautiful view from the window, vibrant colours from the flower garden outside, I most of the time work somewhere else, though I prefer somewhere quiet like my room.

I have a loft bed with a study table and a small wardrobe under, the design is made mostly of wood, In my opinion the design is very lovely and modernized. The bed is located in the top right corner with an awning window at the side. I also have a reed diffuser in my room which makes the scent of the room AMAZING. There's a bean bag where I just lounge around and watch videos online and read books in peace under the natural light coming in.

I seem to always have a messy room, bags plopped down on the bean bag, or a book spread around the study table like a flock of sheep on a field. Though I clean my room from time to time, I do make sure I make my bed and clear my room and keep things organized.

The room wallpaper has a warm cream beige colour, with gold damask design which in my opinion looks astounding. The temperature may go stone cold in the summer but it has a warm comfortable atmosphere in the winter, the fresh lavender scent spreads across the room which makes the fragrance heaven. The room is very silent and still, it makes me feel relaxed and comfortable, the bed is fluffy and soft, the texture of the mattress makes me fall asleep quickly.

Overall, I think my room is my favourite place in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.