Thursday 27 May 2021

My Tropical Paradise Writing

 Hello! For Week 2 of Term 2 our writing topic was "Descriptive writing" and our class had to describe a photo of an island and create a vivid visual image for the reader. We were learning how to describe using our senses. For the sense tasting, instead of describing what you are tasting physically you had to describe it mentally and what you think it would taste like if it had a flavor, which I found tricky at first but got the hang of it soon after. Here's my writing piece: 

Tropical Dream


The wind blew my hazel locks as I steadily watch the horizon. I could smell the warm, humid wind. The crystalline, tropical water crashing along the white sand. Quickly moving clouds are blown by the strong air. The disheveled mountains are covered by the fluffy clouds. The sounds of splashing waves and rustling palm leaves enter my ears. 


I can feel my feet sinking into the dusty white sand. The breeze lap against my bare arms, giving me goosebumps, ripples of refreshing clear saltwater splash on my legs. The strong blow tastes like sweet cotton candy sold in the carnival. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.