Wednesday 3 November 2021

My Royal Spoonbill Art!

A few weeks ago we started our calendar art. For our class' calendar art we did NZ native birds! If you don't know what calendar art is, it is when students make artwork that can be ordered into products such as a postcard, calendar, mouse pads, diaries, or sketchbooks! I chose a Royal Spoonbill for my art! 

To make the art, each of the students in our class printed a picture of the bird that we were going to use for our art, using a pencil, I lightly sketched the bird with the picture taped behind the paper I was going to use for our drawing. After that, I drew small geometric shapes inside the bird. Next I dyed the background, using two colours making a gradient with it. I drew a circle around the bird's head for the highlights. Next up, I added crepe paper around the outside of the circle! Here's my art: 












I enjoyed sketching and shading in the bird and colouring the background for my art! I used some colours in the original picture I used for the sketch in my bird, as you can see, I added blue, light blue, and yellow. 

What do you think about my art? Have you done something similar to this art before? Comment your answers!

1 comment:

  1. Morena Hannah,

    I really enjoyed reading your quality blog post and the process of how you created you artwork. The geometric shapes that you have drawn on the inside are really effective. I have never done anything like this artwork before so it was a fun choice for Calendar Art.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.