Monday 8 November 2021

Have you made a Rongoa sign before?

Hello! For reading we have created our own design of our Rongoa signs, the term "Rongoa" refers to the traditional Maori medicinal practices here in New Zealand, using herbal ingredients for massage or healing. These methods were passed down from generation to generation orally. 

We had our choice of which Maori medicinal plant that was planted in our school that we were going to make a sign for. First off we created our design on our chromebooks on Google Slides or on paper which will be under this paragraph, after we have shown the teacher out design and it has been approved, each of the students that have finished their plan get a blank label where they will paint it with the colour they have chosen for the design, then write/sketch the design they made on the sign. To create a successful sign you must have the name of the rongoa plant, and its properties/explanation on how to use it. For my plan I decided I would have a simple sketch with some manuka flowers, I did try my best to recreate the appearance of the flower on Google Slides which I struggled a bit with. Here's my design! 


I enjoyed designing my label, experimenting with which colours or drawings would look best for my sign and how I would layout the titles and words on the actual label. Overall in my opinion this activity was very fun! I can't wait to see the finished product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.